Packing can often be quite stressful with limited space to fit all your belongings. Discover our ten top tips to make packing easier.
Whether you’re off on a business trip or a family holiday in the sun, packing can often be quite a stressful experience. With so many things to do and think about on the run up to your upcoming trip, making the best use of the limited space that you have while travelling may be quite challenging.
Here are 10 helpful tips to make packing easier when you are running low on space, and to make sure that all your belongings are kept safe and sound:
- Use an old sunglasses case to store phone chargers and earphones to keep them safe and avoid them getting tangled.
- If you’re travelling with kids, consider packing some inflatable toys, such as inflatable animals, in order to save space while travelling.
- Pack some clear plastic bags. These are useful for keeping dirty laundry separate from the rest, and you could also use them to store liquid products, so that if the bottle breaks, the liquid won’t damage your clothes.
- Keep any fragile items safe by placing them into some clean socks before packing them.
- Use a pill-case or other small container to keep smaller pieces of jewellery, such as earrings, organised and safe.
- Rather than folding your clothes, roll them up. This will help to maximize the space in your luggage and will also help to prevent them from getting creased.
- If you’re running out of packing space, place small items inside the shoes you are packing to make the most out of any available space.
- If you’re only going away for a few days, pour a small amount of your makeup (such as foundation) into a clean contact lens case instead of packing the whole bottle. This saves space and also prevents the product from leaking.
- Place any shoes you are packing into an old shower cap in order to keep the dirty soles away from all your other belongings.
- To prevent liquid products from leaking inside your bag, cut out and place a small piece of plastic wrap inside the product’s lid and screw the lid back on over it.
I hope that you will find these tips helpful for when you’re packing for your flights to Malta! If you would like to share any other tips which you find helpful when packing, please leave them in the comments below!
Author: Sabine Jung