Discover some of the best aerial footage of Malta and Gozo captured using drones.
The Maltese islands offer some stunning views for anyone with an interest in video or photography. Of course, you can enjoy some of the most fantastic views of the islands 30,000 feet up in the sky on an Air Malta flight. Until then, enjoy some of the best aerial footage of Malta and Gozo below before booking your flights to Malta.
Can you spot some of the famous landmarks and locations, including the Grand Harbour and Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta, the Malta National Aquarium, the Mdina cathedral as well as some traditional Easter celebrations taking place in Cospicua?
1. This first video gives you a tour of Malta – from above! Some of the landmarks you can spot here include Porte des Bombes at the entrance to Valletta, St Agatha’s Tower in Mellieha and the Ta’ Qali National Stadium.
2. Ever wondered what the old fortified capital of Malta, Mdina looks like from the sky? This next video will give you an idea!
3. Here’s a bird’s eye view of one of the most traditional celebrations which take place around the Maltese islands on Easter Sunday. See the statue bearers take a run while carrying the statue of the Risen Christ back to the church!
4. This video gives you an aerial tour of the Maltese islands both during the day and at night. Here you can see Auberge de Castille in Valletta lit up at night as well as getting exceptionally close to the noon gun firing at the Upper Barrakka Gardens.
5. In the final video, you can experience a tour of Malta’s sister island Gozo, from above. Here you can notice Gozo’s hilly landscape and may recognise landmarks including the Ta’ Pinu Sanctuary and the golden-red sand of Ramla Bay.
Videos courtesy of:
1. Mark Cassar
4. Aerial Malta
Author: Sabine Jung