Online Check In
More convenience, even at boarding
Check in online and board your flight seamlessly
The benefits of checking in online are clear to any traveller who has tried it before. All you need is an internet-connected device and a printer.
Here are the top reasons our passengers love the option to check-in online before their flight:
- Save time. Nothing beats simply going online to check in, choose your seat and print your boarding pass from the comfort of your own home or office.
- Your own pace. Getting to the airport hours before your flight is scheduled to leave isn’t always ideal. Online check-in allows you to get to the boarding gate just 45 minutes before the plane leaves.
- Simple and secure. You can get check-in out of the way as early as 24 hours before departure and conveniently print out your online boarding pass as well.
- No hassle with baggage. Simply drop off your baggage at our service desk and proceed to the gate for boarding. If you’re travelling light and don’t fancy queuing to check-in, simply go straight through.
You can also use your mobile phone or our service desks at the airport
to check in.
Details to keep in mind
- Online check-in is possible as early as 24 hours up to 2 hours prior to the scheduled departure time.
- Be careful and plan ahead even when using online check-in. If you arrive at the boarding gate with less than 45 minutes before the flight’s departure, your reservation will have already been cancelled and no-show rules will apply.
- Please note that all Air Malta flights close 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time (with the exception of Tripoli which closes 45 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure)
At the moment, the online check-in service is only available if your flight leaves from one of the following airports:
- Berlin Tegel
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- Moscow Domodedovo
- Moscow Sheremetyevo
We are currently working to offer check-in from more of our airports.
How does Online Check-in work?
Follow 5 simple steps to complete your online check-in for your next Air Malta flight:
- Click on the Check-in button above on the homepage
- Choose the airport you are departing from
- Answer a few security questions and fill in the required details, including passenger name and surname, departure city, flight number and/or PNR.
- At this stage you may choose your seat and confirm whether you are checking in any luggage.
- Finally, print out your bar-coded boarding pass with all the information you need for boarding your flight.
To print the boarding pass more than once, simply access the Web Check-in system a second time. A copy of the boarding pass can also be reprinted at the baggage drop off counter at the airport. Security and ID checks will apply at all times.
Can’t finish your online check-in? Click here
to visit the relevant support section.
Terms and conditions
By using Air Malta’s online check-in service you are accepting our Online Check-in Terms and Conditions