Checking In Your Baggage
If like many others you opt to take advantage of our generous carry-on baggage allowances, you will need to check in your baggage at your departure airport.
How to check in your baggage
Whatever your chosen check in method is, to travel with larger pieces of luggage you will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the check in service desk we have dedicated to your flight
- Present your printed e-ticket and required travel documents
- Hand over the pieces of luggage that you want as checked-in baggage
- Your baggage will be labelled according to your flight and destination
- You can proceed through security checks on to the departure terminal where your flight awaits
: Checking in baggage for all Air Malta flights closes 30 minutes before the scheduled departure time, with the exception of Tripoli which closes 45 minutes prior the scheduled time of departure.
Weight allowances and other restrictions
As you are checking in your baggage, one of our friendly Air Malta check in assistants will help you by taking your baggage and weighing it to check if what you’re carrying is within your permitted baggage weight.
To check in items such as perishables, baby pushchairs, medical equipment, you will need to contact us beforehand. Visit the special baggage
section to find out more.
- Read more about how much checked in baggage weight you can take here
- Don’t forget the restrictions on certain items you can carry in your checked in baggage
Baggage drop-off points
Our service desks are typically located in the departures area of the airports we serve
. We make sure that these always open at least two hours before your flight is scheduled to leave.
Depending on the size of the airport, the majority of our departing flight will have two desks dedicated to them; one for checked in passengers who want to drop-off their baggage and one for those who also need to check in.
Groups travelling together on a conference trip can also contact us
to allocate a specially-reserved check in desk.