Excess Baggage Terms & Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions: "You", "Your" and “Yourself” means you the user of this website who is seeking to purchase or has purchased an excess baggage voucher through this website. “Air Malta” means Air Malta p.l.c (a company registered in Malta with registration no. C-2685) of Head Office, Aviation Park, Luqa LQA 9023, Malta.
- The excess baggage voucher is purchased for the flight the passenger is booked on. The excess baggage voucher is being purchased by you specifically for use by you on the flight and on the date indicated by you on this online excess baggage voucher form. The excess baggage voucher is only valid for use by you on the flight and on the date indicated on the excess baggage voucher.
- The excess baggage voucher is refundable in the event that Air Malta fails to honour any contractual commitment set out in your excess baggage voucher (including the failure by Air Malta to operate the flight to which your excess baggage voucher relates); provided that, such failure by Air Malta to honour any such contractual commitment is not through your own fault.
- Excess baggage may only be purchased by you through this website in blocks of Kilograms (i.e. 1-5 Kg, 6-10 Kg etc), and the price actually paid by you is for the whole block of Kilograms chosen, irrespective of whether the block of Kilograms so purchased is actually fully utilised by you. Any Kilograms purchased by you through this website that remain unutilised cannot be redeemed in cash or any other form. Depending on the amount of excess baggage actually required by you, it may sometimes be cheaper to purchase excess baggage at the airport (e.g. if you only require 3 Kilograms of excess baggage, then it may sometimes be cheaper to purchase such requirement at the airport rather than purchasing a 1-5Kg block through this website). To compare between the rates per Kg for excess baggage purchased online and the rates per Kg for excess baggage purchased at the airport (as applicable for Air Malta direct services), kindly refer here.
- It is important that that the excess baggage voucher is presented by you during check-in at the airport since the excess baggage voucher is the only means available to Air Malta to verify your online purchase through this website. If the excess baggage voucher is not presented at check-in, then Air Malta will have no other option but to charge you the rate applicable for purchase of excess baggage at the airport, unless you present at check-in some other sufficient and reasonable document which can prove your online purchase.
- These Terms and Conditions are without prejudice to any applicable consumer statutory rights.
- Maximum weight per bag to be carried by Air Malta must not exceed 32 Kilograms.
- Excess Baggage vouchers may be purchased online through this website up to 4 hours prior departure of your flight.
- Air Malta reserves the right to vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions at any time and without any prior notice. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these Terms and Conditions to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Any change to these Terms and Conditions will not affect the terms and conditions of the excess baggage voucher already purchased by you.
- Air Malta reserves the right to change the rates/prices for excess baggage purchased online and/or the rates/prices for excess baggage purchased at the airport, at any time and without any prior notice. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these rates to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Any change to these rates/prices will not affect the excess baggage voucher already purchased by you.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed, construed, enforced and interpreted in accordance with the Laws of Malta. Any disputes, controversies and/or claims arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts of Malta.
- All baggage is carried subject to Air Malta’s General Conditions of Carriage. Air Malta’s General Conditions of Carriage are an integral part of these Terms and Conditions and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by you implies your acceptance of Air Malta's General Conditions of Carriage.
- The website use terms and conditions are an integral part of these Terms and Conditions and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions by you implies your acceptance of the Air Malta Website Use Terms and Conditions.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
We recommend that you print these Terms and Conditions for your records.
These Terms and Conditions have last been modified on the 21/11/2011.