Best Kids' Restaurants in Malta
Because eating out should be one of the best parts of your family holiday.
It’s lunch time, or maybe even dinner time, and the whole family is starving. But where can you take an energetic infant and a broody teen and get a good meal? Most restaurants in Malta are family friendly but sometimes it’s good to know you’re headed someplace that won’t boot you out because of a minor incident with a couple of broken bones, er… plates.
If your toddlers love to run around and just want to play after a day of sightseeing, check out:
• Jungle Restaurant Seabank, Mellieha – this place will keep your kids entertained for the whole evening. Offering American style food, you can enjoy lunch or dinner while your kids go wild in the designated play area that is supervised by trained animators.
• Sportsfans Diner Malta International Airport, Luqa – whether or not you or one of your kids is a fan of aviation, the Sportsfans Diner is likely to go down a treat as you can enjoy a variety of food while watching planes land and take off from your table. The diner also has a complete play area for kids aged between two and ten.
If your kids are a bit too old for play sets but are still a little too young to be joining you on fancy meals, or rather too young to leave behind for a romantic dinner for two, try:
• Mamma Mia Msida – one of Malta’s most popular restaurants offers everything from grills to pasta and pizza and short wait times, it’s central and perfect if you’re in a hurry. It can be quite busy, so call ahead to book a table.
• Il-Veduta Rabat (just outside of Mdina) – this family friendly restaurant offers good and affordable food and breathtaking views of the South West. Follow up with a visit to the iconic Rabat swings, or take a stroll through Mdina.
If your kids are something in between:
• Funland Piazza Cascata St Julians – you won’t find another place quite like this one in Malta! Piazza Cascata is an entertainment complex that holds a nightclub, bar, restaurant and mega kids and teens’ area under one roof – but not really, parts of the restaurant and bar are outdoor. Check their Facebook page for offers on family packages for Funland, which holds a restaurant, 5D cinema, a billiard hall, trampoline, and kids play area.